And the winners are...
The bolded entries are the recipients of the 2013 awards. We want to offer our congratulations to both the winners and the nominees.
The Lefty has been awarded for the best humorous mystery novel since 1996.
• Mike Befeler, Cruising in Your Eighties Is Murder (Five Star)
• Laura DiSilverio, Swift Run (Minotaur)
• Jess Lourey, December Dread (Midnight Ink)
• Lisa Lutz, Trail of the Spellmans (Simon & Schuster)
• Brad Parks, The Girl Next Door (Minotaur)
• Nancy Glass West, Fit To Be Dead (Southwest Publications)
The Bruce Alexander Memorial Historical Mystery Award (first awarded in 2004) is given to mystery novels covering events before 1960.
• Rhys Bowen, The Twelve Clues of Christmas (Berkley Prime Crime)
• Rebecca Cantrell, A City of Broken Glass (Forge)
• Dennis Lehane, Live by Night (William Morrow)
• Catriona McPherson, Dandy Gilver and an Unsuitable Day for a Murder (Minotaur)
• Jacqueline Winspear, Elegy for Eddie (HarperCollins)
The Rocky, for the best mystery novel set in the Left Coast Crime Geographical Region (first awarded in 2004).
• Margaret Coel, Buffalo Bill’s Dead Now (Berkley Prime Crime)
• Chuck Greaves, Hush Money (Minotaur)
• Beth Groundwater, Wicked Eddies (Midnight Ink)
• Darrell James, Sonora Crossing (Midnight Ink)
• Craig Johnson, As the Crow Flies (Viking)
The Watson, for the mystery novel with the best sidekick (first awarded in 2011).
• Juliet Blackwell, In a Witch’s Wardrobe (Obsidian)
• Robert Crais, Taken (Putnam)
• Chris Grabenstein, Fun House (Pegasus)
• L.C. Hayden, When the Past Haunts You (CreateSpace)
• Rochelle Staab, Bruja Brouhaha (Berkley Prime Crime)
Lucinda Surber & Stan Ulrich, Left Coast Crime 2013 Awards Co-Chairs
Visit the main Left Coast Crime site at leftcoastcrime.org
Website by Christine Goff
Design by Christine Goff and Suzanne Proulx